The consultancy recognises that the health and safety of employees, and others who may be affected by the organisations operations, is of primary importance in the successful conduct of its business.
It is the policy of the consultancy that the consultancy will, so far as reasonably practicable, ensure:
- the provision of adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities and in compliance with the provisions of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974;
- all office equipment is provided and maintained in a safe condition and without risk to health and that systems of work which are safe and without risk to health are established and followed;
- arrangements are made and complied with for the safe use, handling, storage and transport of articles for use at work;
- employees are provided with such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to secure their safety and health at work and the safety of others that may be affected by their actions;
- employees’ place of work is safe and provided with adequate means of access and egress; and the working environment is safe and without risks to health and that adequate arrangements are made for their welfare whilst at work;
- regular fire drills are conducted by the premises management and all fire equipment is supplied and maintained at all times; and
- employees are consulted regarding health, safety and welfare matters and are encouraged to bring any concerns to the attention of the consultancy management team.
You have a duty, whilst at work, to take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of other people who may be affected by your acts or omissions and to co-operate with the consultancy in fulfilling its statutory duties. You must not interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interest of Health & Safety.
Accidents at Work – Accident Reporting:
All accidents, injuries, and cases of ill–health caused by, or affecting, your work must be reported without delay. If you are injured, no matter how slight your injury may appear, you must always report it to your line manager and ensure that you are seen by the appointed person, and that the details of your accident or injury are entered in the Accident Book.
You must not work if you have taken medication or any other substance which could adversely affect your ability to work safely.
If you see a situation in which a potential accident could occur or where an injury could be sustained by anyone in the building, you should report it immediately to a senior manager.
You must report any damage to the consultancy’s property.
You must read and comply with all notices, instructions, hazard & warning signs provided from time to time for your information.
First Aid Provision:
We have a First Aid Box in the office, and all employees will be shown the location of the box when they join.